Seizures / Epilepsy
A Clear Practical Approach for the Parents.
Childbrain.com has provided this section as a clear and practical resource for patients and their families who live with seizures and epilepsy. Please click on the panels of the questions or topics you are interested in.
- What Is a Seizure?
- What Is Epilepsy?
- What Are the Different Types of Seizures?
- What Are Febrile Seizures?
- Seizure Precautions
- What to Do During a Seizure?
- What Are Some of the Possible Causes for Seizures?
- What Evaluation Is Needed for a First Seizure?
- What Other Conditions May Look Like Seizures?
- Who Requires Treatment for Seizures?
- What Are the Anti-Epileptic Medications?
- How Long Does Treatment for Epilepsy Last?
- What Is the Best Way of Managing Seizures With Medications?
- Side Effects of the Anti-Convulsant Medications
- Why Should Seizures Be Treated?
- The Ketogenic Diet
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Links/Associations Related to Seizures/Epilepsy
Print Entire Section
If you want to print out the entire Seizures/Epilepsy section all at once, please use this printer-friendly page containing all text from each page of this section: